Monday, March 05, 2007

The Weekend Wrap Up

Friday:
Got a haircut, oh oh oh, I brought a picture, I made mime movements to indicate how short to go. Still, not short enough, even after I asked to twice to redo it, so I cut it some more when I got home. Still not short enough. Ugh.

Saturday:
Up early and on the road. Drove to Norfolk Naval Station and met up with my birthday boy. He took me to his house, the Harry S Truman aircraft carrier. OMG that thing is HUGE. I got to see the hangar bays where the planes go, it's amazing, it's like trying to figure out how the new baby in your arms ever fit in your belly, when you try and imagine 80 airplanes in it. Then saw his workstation and met his Chief. Then a quick tour of various hallways when even with my 5'3" shortness I had to duck through access hatches and scrunch down stair ladder things. How the hell a 6 footer does it is amazing. Then outside to the scary side of the ship stair thingie to go up to the flight deck where it was just a trifle WINDY. Heart in mouth time but all of it amazing. Did I mention it was 73 degrees!

then off to the NEX (the Navy Exchange) where I got the coolest sneakers, tax free! Then lunch then to the hotel which was sweet. Then to the mall to get Robb his birthday present. Quick nap then off to dinner. We were so tired we ordered a movie in the room, saw Happy Feet. I dunno, but when you're tired and overfed everything is hilarious.

Sunday:
Said goodbye to Robb then took a very very beautiful scenic drive up the Eastern shore from Virginia to Maryland to my skating competition in Easton. It was fun, we were our usual terrible selves and went home with a gold medal. Don't be impressed, it was because it was more of an exhibition than a competition, we were the only team in our section thanks to creative scheduling.

Then home and dinner and bath and bed. Sigh.

1 comment:

Janet said...

oh, sounds like so much fun! Good for you, braving the scary side of the ship stair thingie!