Thursday, March 08, 2007

13 Things About the Bedroom I'm Building

1. The colors: aqua, brown, gold, cream.
2. The sheers on the window are: brown, gold, cream stripes.
3. The drapes are picture #1 and lined with off white.










4. The bedspread is:


















5. The dresser is gone!
6. I put in floor to ceiling cabinetry on each side of the bed.
7. I installed a straight canopy from one cabinet to the other over the bed.
8. I installed a microbeam light in the middle of the canopy for reading with a side of the cabinet mounted dimmer switch.
9. Bought some beautiful dark square baskets for the shelf spaces on the cabinets.
10. Color for the closet doors will match the cabinets. Nice departure from white.
11. The walls are aqua.
12. I'm thinking of a cornice over the window if I have any bedspread material left.
13. Did I mention I'm doing this with my own two paws?

2 comments:

Janet said...

oooh, Pat would LOVE this! You're so talented :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the patterns and colors. Would love to see a shot of the aqua walls. You are inspiring that you are doing it all yourself. I am so not handy like that.