Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Interview

So I met with the CFO yesterday at 4:30 and had an hour long interview. I was very proud of the few little tricks I had up my sleeve. First of all, it's a perfect fit, exactly what I do now but in a different field. Software development, so the atmosphere was geek-casual. I had researched the CFO and found out he did a stint at a company my oldest boy worked at for 5 years. Mentioned that, he was impressed (stunned). I also have an oracle programming background, mentioned that, he was surprised to see I could also pass for a geek in the dark. He was lost at one point discussing when he would need me to start so I whipped out a print out of May and June and walked him through the days. We ended with him saying that I was a very strong candidate (after he passed out over my present salary) and that I would hear back on Tuesday. So who knows. C'mon TERRY!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Now THAT'S preparation!!!

mks said...

Here's to a present or higher salary offer! Have a great Long Weekend.