Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend Wrap Up

Friday
Took a mental health day and filled it with physical pain. See post below.

Saturday
Taught classes from 9:30-11 then back home to peel the silk long johns off my tattoo, hurt much? Hell yeah! Then installed a new door sweep on the front door, that works beautiful but the doorknob sucks and it kept falling off all weekend providing endless hilarity at the door opener's expense. Kurt and Jen came for a quick visit, awesome pics of Russia. Apparently Kurt has become diva extraordinaire as every radio interview he went to they had a beer on the table waiting for him. I love the pic of his poster too (which I promise to try and get a copy of) where it says "very special guest". He lost weight and gained hair. He now has a full moustache and goatee, very weird. Jen was just as delightful as the first time we met. I hope hope hope this is the one, damn she's funny AND smart AND good looking. Kurt thinks so too. Enough of the vapid arm pieces already. He took us all (Grandma and Aunt Debra included) out to Red Lobster, stop groaning, we love that place, for dinner, then off I ran back to the rink for practice for 1.5 hours, ugh. Then the kids met up with me and we visited Aunt Deb and I tasted Amaretto for the first time. Not too bad but I had a Chambourd and ginger ale which is my grown up Shirley Temple.

Sunday
All too short a time with the kids (can you call 28 yr olds kids?). Breakfast then some reminiscing time as we went through the last of Dan's things for Kurt to go through. Then off we went to IKEA. I broke my IKEA cherry! What a place, it's HUGE. Bought the kids a kitchen table and chairs, a computer room chair, various kitchen items. We had lunch (not recommended although the meatballs weren't all that bad). Then time to say goodbye as the IKEA was on their way home. Sniffle. We had our first snow, a whopping 1 inch. Keerist, even Lou was bigger than that. It was Chloe's first snow and she just had a ball going in and out all dang night to play in it.