Thursday, September 13, 2007

Messages with a meaning

So my favorite ghost-mom gives me a message yesterday (in the shower at the gym of all places) around 1pm. "Don't let him drive the car". Him? Him who? So I say her husband's name, no, it isn't George, her son's name, nope not Larry, there's only one other male name that I know in that family so I say Jack? No answer. Okay it was a faint message anyway, more of an aside really, so it wasn't a must deliver message. I figure okay, I'll go back to work and email MB and tell her to keep Jack out of the car for the day. There's a phone message from the place I dropped my car off that my tags expired two weeks ago. So I leave work, take the car to the express MVA place and my tags come up invalid. ????? I get sent off to the full service MVA (insert loud groaning here) and about 2 hours later I find out that when I bought my car LAST EFFING YEAR and the dealership transferred my tags from my old car to this one, they never filed the paperwork. I have been driving illegally for a full year. Now, my luck being bad luck, I could have been stuck for hundreds in fines. aaargh. So long story short, the car is now legal, but Betty, who is "him"?

Now, to add injury to insult, my boss was traveling and apparently calling me every minute and a half and I am now in the dog house this morning.

I shall endeavor to marry as soon as possible and let someone else handle car shit.

3 comments:

mks said...

I think this "gift" you have is amazing and I love reading about it. Please post more!

Maribeth said...

All is well. We are safe.

Maribeth said...

I am back from the dog show! I'll be around more now for commenting and hopefully writing too! I sure have missed the blogasphere!