Monday, September 03, 2007

Ah Stuff

Okay, I've blown this post up twice, shall we try again?

Saturday: Rob came up for 24 hours since they finally pulled back into port, two weeks late since they had that terrible terrible loss of 3 pilots from the Truman. Our town has something called First Saturday where the stores stay open late and serve wine and cheese and there's street performers and such. It was such a beautiful night, we shopped and sampled (well they sampled, I had a diet soda). We bar hopped and it was fun. So Jenny Craig wise, I did great 5.8 lbs off! Supposedly though that's all water weight. But hey, I'll take it!

Sunday was Mom's birthday party which was great, I made the world's best chicken fingers, so they say, I couldn't eat any, and the requisite burgers and hot dogs. I also made them eat salad! I made a pretty salad in a huge triffle dish. Then Sunday night I met up with my sister and her friend and went to a singles dance. I had a blast learning this dance (which I have no clue what it is) it's like a cross between a square dance and a line dance. I even asked someone to cha cha, can I have my medal now please?

Monday was little Renee's 2nd birthday party. Then home to my ghetto pool. What a weekend. Here's a picture of why we can't have nice plants, or Queen of the Hostas:


who says summer is over:

3 comments:

Maribeth said...

Sounds fun! I've always admired people who can dance. I'm so self conscience that I can't get up and do it. Although I swear, when Hubby and I go on this cruise I am going to dance!

Janet said...

awwww, Chloe!!! She's so cute! Your weekend sounds great, good for you; I know how much you miss/love dancing!

Anonymous said...

I can only dance when Im drunk......and even then...its debateable!!!!!

glad you had fun!