Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sometimes Time Does Not Fly

Sometimes it just plods along with its head down, its feet kicking up dust from the road....

Today is the second anniversary of Dan's passing. Is it any easier? Well in most ways it actually is,

I can:
- get out of bed each day easier
- the clenching in my chest has gone away this last 6 months
- I can mostly smile about him now
- he's come back down to human status, foibles, faults, warts and all
- I can make it on my own even though it sucks

I can't:
- understand why most people settle for that kind of love just once in their life
- make a homeowner decision and act on it as quickly at all as a "one"
- stop regretting, regressing and reiterating
- sleep comfortably
- spend like a drunken sailor

Life sure is different. Watch for me as I plod along, head down, kicking up dust from the road, but definitely going somewhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....you are very strong...keep plodding...

hugs

Anonymous said...

And you cant beat him at dominoes. Damn that was fun. Course, he was a natural at dominoes. Keep on laughing babe. {{{{HUGS}}}}
Love ya.
Jules